Different Makeup Brushes Uses & Best Budget Face Brushes
So maybe a lot of you are still confused when it comes to makeup brushes uses. Maybe you wanna have your own mini needy makeup brushes collection. Or maybe you wanna know which is the perfect foundation brush etc or the basic eye makeup brushes. So, here I have a post for you explaining different makeup brushes uses and my budget makeup brushes collection, which I have been using recently. Are you intrigued to check out?
Makeup brushes uses + Mini reviews
So, last month I bought these set of 4 brushes from Amazon. Lately, I have been learning to contour and stuff. So I needed basic face brushes as a beginner to practice with. At that time there was a Lightning Deal going on and I got it for INR 299! Current price is INR 399 you can check it out HERE
I will be sharing how I use these along with their mini-reviews. I will also share my other current makeup brushes and their uses. Let’s dive in!
Flat Foundation Brush
A brush which has a flat top and is fluffy is perfect to apply, spread and blend foundation effortlessly! This brush here from Puna Store is soft and blends my Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (my current fave!) seamlessly and quickly! I have been using this daily and have also washed it a couple of times. So far it’s in a good condition!
Blush & Contour Brushes
Let’s start from top to bottom!
- I use it to apply my contouring product. It works well with both cream and powder contour products. It can also be used to apply banana powder under the eye area. However, it’s not a compulsory makeup brush to have.
- I use this big angled brush to blend my contour product. This brush is soft and dense. It also smoothens out any harsh lines. The brush at the top was optional. But this one here works for both contour and blush application. The only problem would be that you will need a clean brush for blush and contour usage. (That problem is solved in the next section below!)
- I use this angled brush to contour the sides of my nose. It helps with both application and blending. Yes, your finger can do the trick too! Since I have this brush with me, I have been using it. I got this brush in a separate kit along with 3 other brushes. (You’ll see them below!) They are currently priced at INR 249 you can check it out HERE. By the way, I have already reviewed them- Affordable Eye Makeup Bushes + Review
Powder & Highlighter Brush
- You can either go with the traditional fan brush for highlighting. Or you can use a flat yet dome-shaped brush like this one! This Colorbar Emphaeyes Eye Blending Brush has really been with me for a long time, which I previously used to blend eyeshadows. As that purpose is now taken care of, I use this to highlight the high points of my face.
- This fluffy brush works as both blush and powder brush. It can be used for both cream and powdered blush. Also can be used for loose or pressed powders! I like to carry this brush with me along with my compact for touch-ups.
Eye Makeup Brushes
Now comes the eye makeup brushes! The most basic brushes which you will be needing are the three brushes shown above. Let me tell you how I use these starting from top to bottom.
- I use this flat top brush to blend out any harsh lines just below my brow bone. Previously, I was ignoring this step but recently I started doing this and I notice the amazing difference. It looks good in both real-life and in pictures!
- Vega Eye Shadow Brush in size M or any flat eyeshadow brush is also known as ‘eyelid brush’ is perfect to pat colors on the eyelids. All you have to do is spray some water before use. A trick which helps to pick up more pigments!
- This eyeshadow blending brush can be used to apply and blend eyeshadow on the crease, little above the crease and in the outer corners of the eyes. (Soeey, it’s a bit dirty in the picture! Forgot to wash! Hehe…)
Smudger & Lash Line Brush
If you only play with shadows on your eyelids and ignore your lash line, then your eye makeup looks incomplete! And to apply the shadows on your lash line you will need a small lash line brush. I keep switching between the Color Smokin Eyes Smudger Brush and ahh this other brush which I bought from Amazon. (In the set of 4, remember?)
This brush is perfect to be used for- lash line, smudging kajal/kohl, highlighting inner corners of the eyes and brow bone area. I’ll press you for keeping this in your brushes collection since it is needed in the makeup game!
Taking care of makeup brushes
You need to follow these two most important points to take good care of your brushes.
- You can either store your makeup brushes in a holder or in a bag/pouch. In case you store in a bag/pouch use a brush guard to ensure that the bristles remain in a good condition. And use a brush guard especially if you carry them while traveling. I am glad that these set of 4 face brushes came in its own brush guard!
- Make sure that you clean your makeup brushes regularly to keep all the product build-up away from your skin. To know more, check out this post- Deep Clean + How Often To Clean Makeup Brushes
Enjoyed this article on ‘Different Makeup Brushes Uses & Best Budget Face Brushes’? Pour your thoughts below!
Don’t forget to Share & Subscribe! 🙂
Pssst also check out!
I Also Recommend You To Check Out My Do It Yourself Posts!
Did not find what you are looking for? No worries! Use the Search Box! Alternatively, you can also send post requests to me at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to Share & Subscribe! 🙂