Aye peeps! Been wanting to share my skincare routine with you all since a long time! Finally, today I get a chance to take you through my morning, evening, night time and weekly skincare routine; for oily, acne prone & sensitive skin. Before we move any further I would like to share that I am suffering from acne since the age of 12! As you read this post I am 21 now and still suffer from acne. Been to many dermatologists and tried many products and medications since these past years. Although it does help to calm them down but I never got rid of my acne completely. That is because my acne is hormonal and hereditary, this I learned last year. In this post I will be sharing with you the products which I’m currently using and my regime which is helping me a lot to keep acne in control. So without further ado hop in to know more!
My Morning Skincare Routine
Jump starting my day with a mild face wash, I have been using Banjara’s tan free face wash these days. It is mild and suits my sensitive skin very well. I love its citrusy fragrance, feels very refreshing while washing my face with it in the morning! After that I use aloe vera gel to moisturize and hydrate my oily skin. These days I have been using Khadi Herbal Facial Massage gel. Not only my T-zone but my entire face gets oily, including my cheeks and temple area. So instead of going with any cream based moisturizers, I like to use aloe vera gel. Since cream based moisturizes aggravates my acne even more!
I also like to use Lacto Calamine oil control lotion as my moisturiser, since it suits well on my oily skin. But it tends to make my skin sweaty if used during Summer season. Hence now I have kept it for Winter usage only.
If I am at home then I leave it as it is after applying aloe vera gel. But when heading out I use a sunscreen to protect my sensitive skin. These days I have been using Aroma Essentials carrot sunblock. It sounds best to be used during Monsoon and Winter season. Since it’s been crazily raining here in Mumbai, this sunblock is perfect to use!
My Evening Skincare Routine
If you live in Mumbai and travel in local trains you will understand my pain! As the time progresses my skin turns oily and sticky. Coming home after being exposed to pollution, my skin screams for an evening skincare regime! After washing my face, I apply face pack or face mask whichever I am currently using. These days I have been using Fuschia by Vkare blush mask. It contains just the right ingredients to calm down my skin. After that I again apply my aloe vera gel. Thus, this way my skin never appears dehydrated or dull! *Touch wood* 🙂
And yes, I do use a face mask on a daily basis in the evening because this way I am able to ripe as much benefit from the product as possible. Previously, I only used to use face mask once or twice in a week and my skin only looked better during those particular days. I’m following this regime of using face mask daily since a month. And I see the good difference daily that is- the youthful glow! But you can follow whichever regime suits you the best and gives you the best results. 🙂 This gives me the best results, so I’ll keep following!
Buying Links: Fuschia Blush Mask
My Night Skincare Routine
Sometimes I feel so lazy to follow because it is not only the skincare regime, but also teeth care that is brushing! (Who else brushes their teeth twice a day? Raise your hands! There I can see you, keep following! 😀 )
So coming back to my night time skincare routine- I use the same face wash. And a few days ago I have been using Betnovate- N and surprisingly it helped in reducing big painful acne. If you haven’t checked out, I have already shared my experience with it- My experience with Betnovate-N for acne and acne scars. I have switched to Retinol again because when it comes to comedones, Retinol is the best treatment that I’ve found! (Will share my years of experience with Retinol soon! 🙂 Stick around!)
As my full face produces abundance of oil, my eye area tends to get oily too! So to take care of my eye contour area I use Garnier eye roll on. If you have normal dark circles and puffiness then this is the best to use! It does not make my eye contour area oily and provides good amount of hydration. The cooling sensation from the metal ball is very relaxing and gets me ready for a good night’s sleep!
Buying Links: Garnier Eye Roll On
Cleanser + Makeup Remover
I have been using Nivea refreshing cleansing milk currently. It’s pretty effective in deeply cleansing the skin as well as in removing makeup. Other options to remove makeup is coconut oil or olive oil! 🙂
Buying Links: Nivea Cleansing Milk
Due to my oily and acne prone skin I am very skeptical when it comes to facial serums. Well more scared than skeptical! So far Natural cosmetism acne & oil control night serum has suited well with my oily and acne prone skin. I haven’t tried any other serums, simply scared if it clogs my pores and causes me pesky breakouts. But I remember using this serum and it had helped me in clearing thread like whiteheads around my nose. Do I use it now? You’ll find the answer below in the ‘Tips’.
Buying Links: Natural Cosmetism Night Serum
I scrub my face once a week and it has been suiting me well. My current face scrub- Fuschia lavender scrub is about to finish then I will be using the green tea variant next! Quite excited about it! 😀
Yep, I do shave my face regularly, I simply enjoy the feeling of Tinkle razor on my skin. It’s been 10+ months since I started face shaving. Normally, I shave once a month, sometimes once in two months or a day prior to any big event. I can not opt for threading or waxing. Since I have acne prone skin and I have heard horror stories of such procedures aggravating acne! I have never bleached because I want to remove the peach fuzz then it doesn’t make since to bleach them and let them stay there. :/ I haven’t used any hair removal cream because I have sensitive skin and I’m afraid! 😀 Can’t epilate because it gives me weird rashes type situation!
So there I am left with face shaving, which is easy and painless! If you have cystic acne with lots of bumpy skin then I wouldn’t really recommend you to shave your face. Speak to your Derm about this! Anyways facial hair removal is optional. 🙂
Buying Links: Tinkle Eyebrow & Face Razor
I know something is missing and that’s a toner. I’ll be honest as usual, I only use a toner when I have bought it after a thorough research or received it and thought of giving it a shot. The ingredients I often look in my toner is AVC, Cucumber, Aloe Vera, Rose or Salicylic Acid and should be Alcohol free. Otherwise, I don’t even bother to use one. Since very few toners suit my skin without causing me any annoying issues.
I keep changing my products every 3-4 months. Since I have acne prone skin and my acne somehow gets used to the product and thus the product’s efficacy reduces. If you have acne prone skin you can relate to this issue! But the regime that I follow that is the steps, remain the same. Of course I’ll keep updating you guys whenever I incorporate any product/s in my routine and will share my experience with them here! 🙂
- If you have oily skin then always go from water based or gel based moisturizes. Your skin is already providing natural moisturizer in abundance. All you need to do is balance it out with hydrating gels. Gel based moisturizes provides intense hydration. Your oily skin will thank you!
- I wash my face 3-4 times a day. Other times I blot the excess oil with a blotting paper or tissue. Yes, I carry tissues everywhere I go! 😀
- One more tip I would like to share which I follow is- do not confuse your skin! Let’s say that you are using one anti acne solution and at the same time you are trying out another anti acne solution as well. Do not go all experimental on your skin. One good example here is never use anything with Vitamin C and Vitamin A together. Like, using lemon juice and Retinol at the same time- it’s disastrous! (Trust me, been there, done that!) Keep everything well balanced and before switching to another product, give your skin at least two days break.
- Another example would be as a few days prior I was trying out Betnovate- N for acne in my night time skincare routine, I took a break from Retinol. Now I have discontinued using Betnovate after achieving the desired results and back on Retinol again! The face serum which I have shared above, that I use when I need a break from Retinol. Since Retinol comes with its own side effects. (I’ll cover up this in another post, promise!)
- I have large and open pores and I do not intend to mix the products and slap it on my face. I know it won’t suit me. So I keep my regime as simple as possible and even you should follow the same!
- You don’t have to necessarily buy every other product which every other person is recommending it to you. Practise what suits you well. 🙂
- Visit a Derm regularly. The retinol which I use is prescribed to me by my Derm.
- Last but not the least- water! I drink more water than I eat! 😀 And that’s how I always carry that natural inside-out glow on my skin and my skin looks supple. I also include fruits in my daily diet.
So what is your current skincare routine?
Do you have oily and acne prone skin? What’s your skincare routine to keep oil and acne in control?
Which product/s would you suggest me to try out?
I love to hear from you! Share your thoughts/questions in the comment section below! 🙂
Don’t forget to Share & Subscribe! 🙂
Till next time, take care!
Did not find what you are looking for? No worries! Use the Search Box! Alternatively, you can also send post requests to me at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to Share & Subscribe! 🙂