Top 8 Amazing Natural Remedies for Makeup Allergy
Cosmetics are one of the driving agents of the modern beauty standards and can be found in nearly every household around the globe. Can you imagine a life free of makeup products?
While contributing to your looks, cosmetics often come together with negative side effects such as skin allergies. Searching for appropriate products and knowing how to apply makeup is crucial to maintaining healthy skin. Nevertheless, if you come across an allergy caused by makeup, you will want to treat it right away.
Keep reading and discover the top remedies for dealing with makeup allergy. Don’t forget to check out the tips for preventing it as well!
1. Aloe Vera
As a natural and highly efficient soothing agent, aloe vera can calm down irritated skin and soothe the accompanying burning feeling by providing the cooling effect. Besides being capable of reducing inflammation, aloe vera can also help you speed up the recovery process.
How to apply aloe vera?
- Wash your face and make sure that it’s makeup-free.
- It’s best to use fresh aloe vera gel for this purpose. Cut into an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel by squeezing the leaf.
- Apply the gel to your face using clean hands.
- Let it dry on naturally before rinsing the skin with cool water.
- Repeat twice per day, in the morning and evening, for best results.
Aloe vera also makes a great remedy for treating acne and pimples.
The broad potential use of honey makes it ideal for dealing with various skin conditions including makeup allergy. It’s beneficial when consumed or applied directly to the affected skin. You can also mix it with tomato puree for additional benefits and glowy skin.
How can honey help me?
- As an antiseptic agent, honey is able to treat infections.
- It is a natural antioxidant that prevents skin damage and slows down the aging process.
- By sealing the moisture in your skin, it can help you keep it hydrated and smooth.
- As a clarifying agent, it will unclog your skin pores and assist in removing allergy-causing subjects.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is an excellent ingredient to have around. It works as an efficient scrub and can be used as a paste or a water solution for treating makeup allergy. Baking soda can help you remove dead skin cells and unblock the clogged pores causing infections.
Preparing baking soda paste
Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to 3 tablespoons of pure water. Mix until paste forms and proceed to apply it directly to the affected areas. Let it dry on for around 15 minutes before scrubbing it off with lukewarm water.
Preparing baking soda bath
Add a few tablespoons of baking soda to a bucket of water or a bathtub. Mix well and dip in the body parts suffering from the allergy. Let them soak in for around 20 minutes then pat dry them with a clean towel.
Another excellent remedy for makeup allergies is oatmeal. It represents a natural cleansing agent capable of both cleaning and nurturing your skin. Oatmeal is also an effective moisturizer and represents one of the best treatments for dealing with dry skin.
- Buy oatmeal powder or grind the oatmeal into fine pieces.
- Add just enough powder to warm water to create a paste.
- Spread the paste over the allergy.
- Let it dry for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Rinse the part with cool water and pat dry.
5. Coconut Oil
Being a natural anti-bacterial agent, coconut oil makes a great choice for treating skin allergies. Besides disinfecting the skin, it can also help you cleanse the clogged pores and moisturize your skin.
- Take a cotton ball and lightly dip it in coconut oil. Proceed to apply the oil on the affected areas using the cotton. Let the oil absorb into the skin and avoid washing it off.
Coconut oil is especially recommended if you’re dealing with redness and itchiness caused by an allergy. It will help you soothe the skin and reduce skin irritation.
Looking for an alternative to coconut oil? Olive oil is the answer. They both have similar effects and performance.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
The anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar can help in diminishing the effects of the allergy. Being rich in anti-bacterial substances, the vinegar also ensures that the skin remains germ-free.
- Dilute one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 3 – 4 tablespoons of water. The more sensitive your skin is the more water you need to use.
- Spread the solution on the affected skin and let it dry.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
After the treatment, avoid sunlight exposure for a few hours.
7. Green Tea
It’s suitable both for drinking and for bathing. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and makes a great remedy for all kinds of skin problems.
You are suggested to prepare a green tea bath and soak your whole body in it. You can also make a tea, and wash the affected areas with it.
8. Rose Water
Last but not least is rose water. This remedy works best when used on a daily basis both for treating as well as preventing makeup allergies. Make sure to clean your face with it after you’ve removed the makeup and are ready to nourish your skin.
Tips for Preventing Makeup Allergy
Avoiding cosmetics is the most effective way of preventing harsh reactions and makeup allergy. If this doesn’t work out for you, then consider investing in makeup with a minimal amount of ingredients.
Look for fragrance-free unscented products and avoid anything that contains harmful substances such as parabens, BHA, sodium lauryl sulfate, petroleum distillates, hydroquinone, and polyethylene/PEGs.
Beauty is important but health is even more crucial to one’s happiness and well-being. Cosmetics can sometimes cause skin allergies and leave you with an unpleasant inflammation and redness.
With the top home remedies introduced in this post, you will now be able to counter makeup allergy and ensure healthy skin.
- Aloe Vera. Viewed at: https://nccih.nih.gov/health/aloevera
- Honey: its medicinal property and antibacterial activity. Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3609166/
- Can You Cure Your Acne With Apple Cider Vinegar? https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/apple-cider-vinegar-and-acne
Author Bio: Oladimeji is an experienced health writer pursuing his passion for blogging at Homeremediesforlife.com. While not watching soccer, he enjoys researching various topics and coming up with solutions for natural home medicines. Interested in knowing more about this home remedies expert?
PSSSST ALSO CHECK OUT!
Hey, hi! (waves) Yes, you! Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to Share & Subscribe! 🙂